Editing Staff Settings
General, financial and contact information, and security privileges are set individually for each staffStaff are members of your organisation who perform work for your clients. Staff are usually set up as users in WorkflowMax so that they can login to enter time sheets, produce reports or invoices or perform other job-related activities. member (or visiting client).
Examples of using privilege settings
By changing the privilege settings on a person-by-person basis, you can control the access they have to using the features of WorkflowMax. For example:
- For a basic staff member, deselect all privileges. They can view jobs they are assigned to, and enter time against those jobs. However they cannot access the Clients or Business menus. This means that they cannot create or view clients; or view, edit and create quotes or invoices or view financial information.
- For the owner and business manager who require full access to all features, select all privileges.
- For the office administrator, who requires only administrative access, select only financial privileges.
Several privileges include a Delete option. We recommend that you select the Delete option only for staff with the Administrator privilege.
Limiting visibility of staff base rates
To prevent a staff member from being able to view staff base rates for other staff, remove the following privileges from their staff record.
- Administrator, which allows staff to view or edit all staff base rates.
- Financial Reports, which gives access to Reports > Standard Reports.
- Report Builder, which gives access to create and run custom reports.
- Job Financial Summary, which gives access to the Job financial summary report, which contains information that can be used to work out staff base rates for other staff.
Working with staff settings
To view or change the information or privilege settings for a specific staff member:
- In the Business menu, select Settings > Staff.
- On the Staff screen, drill down on the person's name.
- On the staff detail screen (Staff Information tab), view or change their information and general privilege settings under the following sections, as required.
Field Description Name Employee's full name. Currently Working?
If an employee temporarily leaves the company (on unpaid leave for example), but plans to return later, deselect this checkbox to indicate they are not currently available. Their name will not appear in the list of available resources when allocating staff to a job.
Deselecting this checkbox does not prevent the staff member from accessing their account.
A staff member is counted towards your total number of subscribed users regardless of the setting of this checkbox. So, if you are currently on a 10 user subscription plan, deselecting any users who are not currently working will not affect your subscription.
The employee's email address, which they will use to log in to WorkflowMax. The address cannot be changed here. For further details, see Editing your user name. Notes
Any notes specific to this employee.Financial Information
Field Description Base Rate
The hourly cost of employing this staff member. This is not just their hourly rate, but may include an allowance for other costs you need to meet in relation to employing that person, such as annual leave, sick leave, ACC and superannuation. WorkflowMax will use this rate to determine the profits made on each job, so it is important that this is value is correct.
If the base rate is incorrect during time sheet entry, you will need to delete the time entry, correct the base rate and then re-enter the time.
The hourly rate that the employee is charged out at. The Billable Rate is required only if the
OrganisationSettings > Task Invoice Rate is configured as Staff Billable Rate.
Apply current billable rate of [rate] up to and including [date]
Historic billing rate. The checkbox, text, date field and calendar are displayed only when you change the currently displayed billable rate.
Select the checkbox to apply the billable [rate] shown up until the [date] shown. For further details, see Historic billing rates.
The payroll code used in your payroll system software for this employee. This is required only if you will be interfacing with a payroll system that integrates with WorkflowMax.Contact Information
Field Description Address
Home or other contact telephone number.
Mobile telephone number.
To select (or deselect) all privileges in a specific section, select (or deselect) the Full checkbox in the Privilege header bar.General PrivilegesAdmin Privileges
Privilege Controls a user's ability to... Administrator
Work as WorkflowMax administrator with full access to all features.
Work as cost administrator with full access to cost information only.
Create, edit and delete job templates.
Create, edit and delete tasks.Financial PrivilegesAPI Access Privileges
Privilege Controls a user's ability to... Authorise 3rd Party Full Access
Connect your WorkflowMax account to third-party add-ons. This privilege is available only if the staff member has Administrator access (see Admin Privileges).Interface Information
Field Description Export Code You can add an export code to each staff record so that the staff details can be used by an external system.
- Save your changes.