Re-exporting an Invoice to Xero
If your WorkflowMax account is connected to your Xero account (see Setting up the Xero interface), invoices will automatically be exported from WorkflowMax to Xero when they are approved.
In some cases, the export may fail and one or more invoices will need to be re-exported to Xero.
There are two ways to re-export invoices to Xero using the Invoice Manager. You can re-export:
- an invoice from the Invoice Information screen
- one or more invoices from the Xero Export Failed tab.
Before you begin
Before you attempt to re-export one or more invoices to Xero, you'll need to resolve the problem (or problems) that caused the export to fail. The error message displayed by WorkflowMax will have given you details of the problem, such as the:
- Xero connection has been dropped (this is an unintended disconnection of WorkflowMax from your Xero account)
- account mapping is incorrect (this is a mismatch between the GL account specified in WorkflowMax and the destination GL account in Xero)
- invoice number of the exported invoice already exists in Xero.
Re-exporting from Invoice Information screen
To re-export a single invoice to Xero:
- In the Business menu, select Invoices and locate the invoice on the Awaiting Payment or Overdue tab.
- Drill down on the invoice number of the invoice you wish to re-export.
- On the Invoice Information screen, select Options > Export Invoice to Xero. WorkflowMax will display a message reporting on the result of the export.
Re-exporting from Xero Export Failed tab
To re-export one or more invoices to Xero:
- In the Business menu, select the Invoices > Xero Export Failed tab. The number of failed invoices is shown in the title of the tab.
The Xero Export Failed tab is visible only when you have set up integration to your Xero account.
- Select the checkbox next to each invoice you wish to re-export.
- Export. WorkflowMax will display a message reporting on the result of the export. Invoices that are exported successfully are removed from the tab. Take note of any remaining error messages - if some invoices remain, you will need to try to correct the problem and re-export them.