Editing a Quote Note
Before you begin
You can edit a quote noteNotes can be stored directly against clients, jobs and job tasks, so you no longer have to hunt around for sticky notes or scrap pieces of paper. Everyone who can see the client, the job or the task will be able to see the notes against it, streamlining collaboration within your team. only if you have the Financial Privileges > Quotes privilege selected.
Editing a note
To edit a quote note:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes. A list of all quotes or a filteredA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right. list of quotes is displayed.
- Drill down on the number of the quote that you wish to edit.
- On the quote details screen, select the Notes tab.
- Drill down on the title of the note you wish to edit.
- On the quote details screen (Notes tab), edit note information as required.
Field Description Title The note title. For example: Client signoff Note The information you wish to include in the note. For example: Client has agreed to 53 swipe card readers to be installed. Can we please arrange for signoff? Folder Use the folderFolders allow you to organise your job tasks, milestones, costs, notes or documents into logical groups for costing, reporting and management purposes, providing you with greater visibility and context. Folders are specific to each job, so if you create folders for one job they will not be available to another job. Job templates can contain folders and those folders can be pre-populated with selected tasks, costs and milestones. field to group all notes on a specific topic together. Either select an existing folder from the drop-down list or create a new folder by typing in a name. Any existing folders are listed below the Save button on the Notes tab, and you can select the folder name to view notes in that folder.
- Save your changes.