Editing a Quote
You can edit any information in a draft quote, but it is not possible to edit any of the financial information in a quote once it has been issued.
If you need to change financial details in an issued quote, see Revising an issued quote.
If you need to change details in an accepted quote that has been used to create a job, see Creating a new quote for a job.
To edit a draft quote:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right..
- Drill down on the number of the quote you wish to work with.
- On the quote information screen, select Edit Quote.
- On the edit quote screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Client
The name of the client that the quote is for. You should not need to change this.
It is possible to change the client name when editing the quote. This changes the name in any associated jobs and invoices, so take extreme care.
Name of the contact person at the selected client. Select a contact person, as required.
The name you will use to identify this quote, and if it is accepted, job.
Job description. This will flow through to the job if the quote is accepted.
You can use this field to note the budget figure that you discussed with the client.
The date of the quote. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
The date that the quote is valid to. Select a date from the pop-up calendar, as required.
Quotes are normally valid for 28 days, but you can change this in
OrganisationSettings > Valid For (Days). Explanation
Details of any options that the client may need to consider when accepting the quote. The text you enter here will appear as the introduction to the Options section of the quote.
- Save to save your changes.
On the quote information screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Pricing Mode
The pricing method used for prices on this quote.
Prices are calculated from the estimated time and applicable billable rates (for tasks) and the quantity and unit price (for costs).
- Select Calculated Price if you want to use the prices shown.
- Select Fixed Price if you want to specify the price directly for one or more billable items. This option allows you to adjust prices to exactly the values you want to use.
The tax type and rate to apply to costs in the quote. If you have more than one rate set up, select the required rate. For details, see
OrganisationSettings > Financial settings.
- Add tasks, costs and options, as required.
- Check that the information shown is correct, then do one of the following.
Once a quote has been issued, the financial details it contains cannot be changed.
Field Description Save Draft & Print
Saves current quote information and displays the Print Quote screen.
Save Draft Saves current quote information and displays the main Quote Manager screen. Issue & Print Changes quote status to Issued, saves current quote information and displays the Print Quote screen. Issue Changes quote status to Issued, saves current quote information and displays the main Quote Manager screen.
Issue & Accept
(on Issue drop-down)
Changes quote status to Accepted and saves the current quote information.
If the quote includes options, the Accept Quote screen is displayed, otherwise the main Quote Manager screen is displayed.
Cancel Deletes the current draft quote.