Declining a Quote
Once a quote has been reviewed by your client – but not accepted – you may wish to record that the quote has been declined.
For details on how to revise a quote so that you can adjust it then re-submit it to the client, see Revising a quote.
To decline a quote:
- In the Business menu, select Quotes.
If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right..
- On the quote manager screen, select the Issued or Expired tab.
- Drill down on the number of the quote you wish to decline.
- On the quote information screen, select Declined. The declined quote is archived.
- If the quote relates to an existing job for the client, the declined quote is shown in the Quotes/Estimates section of the job's Financial tab.
- If there was no related job, the Quote Manager screen is displayed.