The optional Lead Manager allows you to create and track leadsA lead is a possible sale opportunity for a prospective client (a prospect) or an existing client., view details of past leads, and helps you manage those leads or opportunities.
Each prospectProspective clients (prospects) are clients who you haven't actively done work for yet. Prospects are created directly from the Client manager + New button; if you add a new prospect to a new lead; or if you import leads and the clients don't already exist. or client can potentially have many leads associated with them.
Leads are usually created as the first stage in the Typical job flow.
Before you begin
Before you create your first lead in WorkflowMax, you should find out more about:
In WorkflowMax, a lead can be in one of the following States:
- Current – an active lead. Newly created leads are Current, and you can change Won or Lost leads to Current to make them active again, if required. Current leads appear in the All tab, the My tab and the Archive tab in the Lead Manager screen.
- Won – a successful lead. You can easily change a won lead into a new job. Won leads appear only in the Archive tab.
- Lost – an unsuccessful lead. Lost leads appear only in the Archive tab.
Configuring your Lead settings will help you to simplify and speed up the lead setup process. There are two types of lead settings: lead categoriesLead categories are used to group leads for reporting purposes. For example, they could be used to identify the probability of a lead becoming a job: Hot, Warm, Cold, or the type of work this lead relates to: Website, Brochure, Annual accounts, Property maintenance. and lead templatesA Lead template allows you to identify pre-defined activities that need to be carried out as you progress each lead. Each lead template can specify the activities for a lead relating to a specific type of work. Using pre-defined activities results in each prospect moving through a consistent sales process – leaving nothing to chance..
Links between leads and quotes or estimates
Each lead can be linked to one or more quotes or estimates.
- provides rapid access (in both directions) between the lead and any related quotes/estimates
- reduces the work required to create a job when the lead is won (or when the quote/estimate is accepted).
The link between a lead and a quote/estimate can be set up by:
- creating a quote/estimate based on a lead
- adding existing quotes/estimates to a lead
- creating a lead from a quote/estimate, or
- importing leads from quote manager.
The last two options above allow you to retrospectively create leads from quotes/estimates. This is useful, as it lets you use Lead Manager to track and manage all your quotes/estimates, not just those that were originally based on leads.