Adding Multiple Tasks to a Job
If you want to record time against a jobA job is the overall project that you or your organisation works on for a client., the job must contain at least one task.
Adding several tasks at a time may be convenient if most of them use the same default features and settings – you can always come back later to make specific changes, if required.
Before you begin
Before you can add tasks to a job you must first create the tasks. For further details, see creating a task.
Adding multiple tasks
To add multiple tasks to a job:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- On the Job Manager screen (All tab), drill down on the job number of the job you wish to work with.
- On the job detail screen, under the Tasks section, select Add Multiple Tasks.
- On the New Job Task screen, for each task you wish to add to the job:
- Select the checkbox to the left of the task name
- (optional) provide a labelIn WorkflowMax tasks, a label allows you to use the same task multiple times. The label is automatically appended to the task name. For example, in a specific job, designs are required for a brochure, flyer and a handbook. So, a label can be used to identify the Design task for each item: "Design - Brochure", "Design - Flyer" and "Design - Handbook"..
- (optional) provide an estimated time (hr:min) to complete the task. This can be edited later if required.
- Save your changes. The selected tasks are added to the job in alphabetical order. The job information screen is displayed.
- If you need to change the order of the tasks:
- Select Reorder Tasks (you may need to scroll down the screen first).
- Drag the tasks into the order of completion you require.
- Done to save your changes.