Creating a Job Template from Scratch
To create a new job template from scratch:
- In the Business menu, select Settings > Job Settings > Job Template > Add Job Template.
- On the New Job Template screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Template Name
The template name should describe the type of job. For example: Rebranding job, Website design, Kitchen installation.
Description The description will be displayed in the Description field on the New Job screen when you select the template. It can be as detailed as you wish. Job Category A job categoryJob categories are primarily a way to group various types of jobs (or tracking categories in Xero) together for reporting and viewing purposes. Whenever a job is invoiced, the information specified in the category, such as Xero Tracking Category, Income Account and Cost of Sale Account, is brought across in the invoices that flow through to your accounting system., if required. Default Folders
One or more default foldersFolders allow you to organise your job tasks, milestones, costs, notes or documents into logical groups for costing, reporting and management purposes, providing you with greater visibility and context. Folders are specific to each job, so if you create folders for one job they will not be available to another job. Job templates can contain folders and those folders can be pre-populated with selected tasks, costs and milestones., if required. Insert a comma (,) between folder names. Folder names will be displayed in alphabetical order on the job detail screen.
Job Costs are
The type of costs (Estimated or Actual) that will be added to the job when the template is used.More...
An actual cost item is understood by the system to be a cost that has been incurred on the job. It will therefore be picked up as part of the invoice when billing is based on actual costs.
If the cost is estimated, we don't know what the actual cost is just yet. When the job is created, the estimated cost is added to the job but it is not flagged as an actual – it becomes an actual cost when you:
- receipt a purchase order with this item on it, or
- manually flag the item on the job as now being an actual (and probably update the cost and price of the item to reflect the supplier invoice).
- Save your changes. The basic job template features are saved and the Edit Job Template screen is displayed.
- Continue setting up the job template by doing any of the following:
- Save your changes.