Changing a Job's Job State
As a job progresses, you can change the job's job stateJob states usually match the stages in your company's job workflow, such as Planned, In Progress or Completed. By adding notifications to each job state, you can communicate to key people how a job is progressing - and when it's time for them to take action. to trigger related notificationsWorkflowMax uses notifications as a way of informing selected people when certain job-related events occur. When one of these events occurs, staff assigned to the job, team members or client contacts can be notified by email, on-screen alerts or RSS feeds..
Changing the job state
To change a job's job state:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- On the Job Manager screen (All tab), locate the job that you wish to update.
- In the State drop-down list, select the required job state. The job's job state is updated and any related notifications will be triggered.
- In the job detail screen, Quick Edit pane, select the required job state from the drop-down list.
Security access to Quick Edit pane
Access to the Quick Edit pane is controlled by the Job Quick Edit security access privilege. If a user has been given this access privilege, they can change a job's job state, even if they have no other access privileges. This level of access control is useful where very limited privileges are required, such as in the case of a junior staff member or perhaps a client.
- Save your changes. The job's job state is updated and any related notifications will be triggered.