Writing off a Remaining Invoice Balance
You may decide that you do not wish to pursue an outstanding invoice payment any further. To record this in WorkflowMax, you can write off the remaining balance of an invoice.
Any outstanding unpaid items on a final invoice will be written off when the invoice is approved.
To write off the remaining balance of an invoice:
- In the Business menu, select Invoices.
- If required, select the down-arrow to the right of the page title and select the required filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right..
- Select the required tab: Awaiting Payment or Overdue.
- Drill down on the number of the invoice you wish to write off the remaining balance for.
- On the Invoice Information screen, select Options > Write off remaining balance and confirm that you wish to write off the remaining balance and remove the invoice from the Invoice Manager.