Use these instructions to create an invoice requesting a lump sum payment for a:
- deposit before you start work on a jobA job is the overall project that you or your organisation works on for a client., or
- progress payment as the job proceeds.
Before you begin
Before you can invoice your client for a deposit, you must first set up a job for them in WorkflowMax. For further details, see Creating a job.
Creating the invoice
To create an invoice for a lump sum amount:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- Drill down on the job number of the job that you wish to produce the invoice for.
- On the job detail screen, select the Financial tab.
- Select New Progress Invoice.
- On the New Progress Invoice screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Job The job number and description. Invoice Type
Type of invoice to produce. Select progress amount / deposit and type the dollar amount of the invoice (excluding any tax) in the text box.
Type a suitable description to appear on the deposit invoice.
For convenience, you can create a default description for your progress invoices. For details, see Creating a default progress invoice description.
Date The date to show on the invoice. Select the date, as required.
On the Invoice Information screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Pricing Mode
The pricing method to use for prices in the invoice. Prices are calculated depending on the Invoice Type you selected earlier.
- Select Calculated Price if you want to use the deposit amount shown.
- Select Fixed Price if you want to specify the price directly for the deposit amount.
The tax type and rate to apply to costs in the invoice. If you have more than one rate set up, select the required rate. For details, see
OrganisationSettings > Financial settings.
- Check that the information shown is correct, then do one of the following.
Button Description Save Draft & Print
Saves current invoice information and displays the Print Invoice screen.
Save Draft Saves current invoice information and displays the Job manager screen (Financial tab). You can edit invoices while they are in the draft state. Approve & Print Saves current invoice information and displays the Print Invoice screen. Once an invoice has been approved, it cannot be changed. Approve Saves current invoice information and displays the Job manager screen (Financial tab). Once an invoice has been approved, it cannot be changed. Cancel Deletes the current draft invoice. You might use this option if you found errors.