Use these instructions to create an invoice requesting payment for a:
- deposit before you start work on a jobA job is the overall project that you or your organisation works on for a client., or
- progress payment as the job proceeds.
When based on a quote, the deposit invoice can be for either a percentage of the originally quoted amount or for a lump sum.
Before you begin
Before you can create a deposit invoice for a job based on a quoteA quote contains details of the costs that your client should expect to incur if they proceed with the job. There may be some variation between the quoted costs and actual costs, but your client should have some confidence that this variation will be small. In WorkflowMax there is no difference between an estimate and a quote, apart from the name. In practice, the client may expect that quoted costs will be more accurate than estimated costs, if the job goes ahead. See also Master quote., the quote must have been accepted and turned into a job. For further details see Accepting a quote.
Creating a deposit invoice
To create a deposit invoice for a percentage of the quote or for a lump sum:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- Drill down on the job number of the job that you wish to produce the invoice for.
- On the job detail screen, select the Financial tab.
- Select New Progress Invoice.
- On the New Progress Invoice screen, in the Invoice Type field, do one of the following.
Select the option button to the left of:
- % of the quoted value – <amount>, and type the percentage amount of the original quote that you wish to invoice for. For example, type 50 to invoice for 50% (half) of the quoted amount shown.
- progress amount / deposit, and type the lump sum amount that you wish to invoice for.
- Type the description you wish to appear on the invoice.
For convenience, you can create default descriptions for both types of progress invoice. For details, see Creating a default progress invoice description.
- Select the Date to appear on the invoice.
On the Invoice Information screen, provide the following information, as required.
Field Description Pricing Mode
The pricing method to use for prices in the invoice. Prices are calculated depending on the Invoice Type you selected earlier.
- Select Calculated Price if you want to use the deposit amount shown.
- Select Fixed Price if you want to specify the price directly for the deposit amount.
The tax type and rate to apply to costs in the invoice. If you have more than one rate set up, select the required rate. For details, see
OrganisationSettings > Financial settings.
- Check that the information shown is correct, then do one of the following.
Button Description Save Draft & Print
Saves current invoice information and displays the Print Invoice screen.
Save Draft Saves current invoice information and displays the Job manager screen (Financial tab). You can edit invoices while they are in the draft state. Approve & Print Saves current invoice information and displays the Print Invoice screen. Once an invoice has been approved, it cannot be changed. Approve Saves current invoice information and displays the Job manager screen (Financial tab). Once an invoice has been approved, it cannot be changed. Cancel Deletes the current draft invoice. You might use this option if you found errors.