Moving to New User Interface (UI)
No unfortunately you’re not able to preview. You can, however, create a new trial account which will allow you to have a play prior to switching your account over.
This is still supported in the new version, you'll just have to set it up in a slightly different way. You'll need to set up a custom field to continue using this feature.
No, once you’ve set up the custom field as described above, then they’ll have the same access as before.
No, there will be no changes to existing data and you won’t have to redo any customisations.
Unfortunately you can only search on the whole job number, not a partial number as in the original UI.
The current timer feature doesn’t have the ability to pause, but this is something which we’re validating at the moment for a future release.
Can you list the jobs and tasks you’re working on during the day in the timer and switch easily between them?
The new timer is designed in a slightly different way and it doesn’t display the jobs in the same way. You can however save a draft to fill in later (but this doesn’t replace the pause functionality).
Unfortunately we don’t have any plans to introduce this back into the Client manager menu. However, the search feature is comprehensive and could be an alternative to this display in the old Client Manager menu.
The items that will not be available in the new UI version are listed below. Some items also have workarounds (mentioned below where applicable):
- Alphabetized menu in Client Manager - no longer available (although improved search may reduce the need for this)
- Pause in the timer feature (this is being validated at the moment for next year)
- Unable to use custom CSS styling (this might apply to your accounts, it could also contain the old hard-coded templates, which also are no longer supported)
- Delete client, restore deleted client, merge client (see other FAQs below)
- Contact login - able to access via a hard coded link and custom field.
- Invoice manager > all tab, summary of invoices by month - no longer available as a screen but this can be generated via the report builder.
From the client details, click on the notes or documents tab. This is a link back to the old UI version and has the “options” on the left of the screen. From here you can delete a client.
From the client details, click on the notes or documents tab. This is a link back to the old UI version and has the “options” on the left of the screen. From here you can merge a client. For further details, see the Support centre topic on merging clients.
Find a document which has the client on (such as a job, quote, invoice etc) and click on the client. From the client details, click on the notes or documents tab. This is a link back to the old UI version and has the “options” on the left of the screen. From here you can restore a deleted client.
We will be running a script across accounts once a day so the new UI should be enabled within around 24 hours (in business hours, excluding weekends and public holidays).