If you use a desktop or online calendar that can subscribe to iCalendar feeds, you can view your WorkflowMax due dates and milestones with your other calendar items. The calendars that WorkflowMax will integrate with include Microsoft Outlook, Apple iCal and Google Calendar.
The set up process is slightly different for Outlook, iCalendar and other desktop-based calendars compared to online calendars so they have been treated separately here.
You can test whether the feed works correctly by creating a new test job in WorkflowMax and confirming that the details come through to your calendar.
Calendar feeds are not live – they are updated overnight.
The calendar entry is not editable – you cannot add a specific time to the entry in the calendar, for example.
To integrate job due dates, task due dates and milestones with the iCal calendar on your Mac:
- Select the iCalendar link at the foot of the Dashboard screen. The Launch Application dialog is displayed.
- Choose the calendar application you wish to use, such as iCal.
- Confirm the URL and your refresh rate preference.
- Select the Subscribe button.
The WorkflowMax calendar of important dates will overlay your existing calendar. WorkflowMax calendar events are on a 'per day' basis. Events such as milestones and tasks that have due dates will be preceded with Complete, indicating that these activities should be completed by the dates indicated. The starting dates of jobs or tasks are preceded with Start.
To integrate job due dates, task due dates and milestones with your Outlook calendar:
- Select the iCalendar link at the foot of the Dashboard screen. Microsoft Outlook will automatically open. A dialog box will open asking to add the calendar to Outlook and subscribe for updates.
- Select Yes.
You can choose to view multiple calendars like this user, or deselect the checkbox to hide the display.
If you right-click the calendar you can also select to view the calendar in Overlay mode, which displays one calendar at a time.
To add your WorkflowMax calendar to an internet calendar such as Google Calendar.
- Go to the iCalendar link at the foot of the Dashboard screen.
- Right-click the link and copy the link address or location.
Open your online calendar and select Other calendars > Add by URL.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) the copied link into the URL field.
- Select Add Calendar.
The Jobs and Tasks display in a list above the time in your calendar.