You can set up and edit your own custom print templates as you work through this free, self-paced online course.
Learn about our free self-paced "Developing custom print templates" course and then register your place!
All WorkflowMax accounts use a standard branding theme (the System Default template), which provides predefined layout and content for your PDFPortable Document Format. A proprietary document format created by Adobe Systems Inc. PDF files can be read using a free Acrobat Reader program, so the format is commonly used for sharing reports, quotes and invoices and other documents. invoices, quotes, purchase orders, job briefs, statements and tax letters.
If you want to change the branding theme of your printed and emailed documents, you can create your own custom branded print templates.
What are custom templates?
WorkflowMax print templates are Microsoft Word .docx documents that contain a combination of text, tables, images and merge fieldsMerge fields are a special feature of Microsoft Word, which act as placeholders for data that will be imported into a document from an external data source. For example, the WorkflowMax sample invoice template contains the <<ClientBillingAddress>> merge field. When you use the template to print an invoice, the <<ClientBillingAddress>> merge field is replaced by the client's billing address that is stored in the invoice you're printing.. A custom template can be developed from scratch (starting with an empty document) or based on a suitable sample template that already contains relevant information.
When to use custom templates
With template branding, you can set up multiple templates to use in different situations. For example:
- If you run more than one business under the same company structure, when you print your invoices, quotes, purchase orders, job briefs, statements or tax letters you can choose the appropriate templates.
- If some clients require more time sheet details on their invoices, you can build a custom template specifically for that purpose.
- If you want to include multiple pages of preamble or terms and conditions as part of a larger proposal for each of your quotes, then a custom template is the answer.
- If you want to create client engagement letters or deed documents that can be printed as job briefs from each of your jobs.
- If you need to print a different currency symbol, such as Euro (€), GBP (£), Yen (¥), you can use the required symbol in your custom template. See the FAQ section for details of how WorkflowMax can handle multiple currencies.
Working with custom templates
Preparing a template for use Learn more about the making sample and
Building a custom branded template Learn about the three stages of building a custom template
Deactivating or reactivating a custom template Learn about how to temporarily deactivate unused templates
Deleting a custom template Learn about how to permanently delete unwanted templates
Custom fields in custom templates Learn which custom data fields are available in each type of template
Merge field reference Learn which data fields (Word merge fields) are available in each type of template