Editing a Filter
To edit a filterA filter provides a quick way to display only selected clients, invoices, quotes and work in progress based on pre-defined criteria. Once a filter has been selected, it becomes the default title for the page. Page titles that are also filter names are shown in blue text with a drop-down arrow, at right.:
In the main menu, select the area in which you wish to edit the filter:
- Business > Invoices
- Business > Work in Progress
- Business > Quotes
- Select the down-arrow next to the page title. Names of available filters are displayed.
The page title is the name of the filter currently in use (All Clients, All Invoices, All Quotes or Work in Progress by default). As soon as you select a filter, that filter name is used as the page title and will stay as the page title until you select another filter.
- Select Edit next to the name of the filter you wish to edit.
- On the Edit <filter name> screen, make changes to the filter, as required.
Do any of the following:
- Change the search options of any condition by selecting new options from the drop-down lists or updating the date or text that is being searched for.
- Use the + Add Condition drop-down list to add new conditions.
- Use the delete button to remove a condition from a filter.
- Preview to check that the filter is working as required.
- Save when you are satisfied that the filter is correct.