Adding Costs to Cost Admin
When you add costs to a job, you have the choice of adding items from the Cost Admin databaseIn WorkflowMax, the costs of the products, materials or recurring expenses that you typically use while working on a job can be stored in the Cost Admin database (at Business > Settings > Costs). When you are working on an estimate, quote or job you can quickly access a cost from the database, simply by typing its name in the description field (on the cost information screen). (Business > Settings > Costs) or adding completely new cost items.
These new cost items are not stored in the Cost Admin database, unless:
- you use the following instructions to add them, or
Organisationsettings checkbox When adding a cost to a job, also add the cost to Cost Admin is selected. In this case, cost items are added automatically to the Cost Admin database when you add them to the job.
Once the cost items are in the Cost Admin database, you can use them easily in any job.
To add cost items from the current job to the Cost Admin database:
- In the Jobs menu, select Jobs.
- Drill down on the number of the job you wish to work with.
- On the job information screen, select the Costs tab.
- Select Options > Add Costs to Cost Admin. All the costs listed in the Costs tab of the job are added to the Cost Admin database.