In most jobs, you send invoices directly to your client, so your client is the 'billing client' as well. However, that is not always the case. In some jobs, for example, the client may be a subsidiary company within a group of companies and the invoice is sent to the parent company for payment. In this case, the parent company is the 'billing client'.
You will normally set up a billing client when you are Creating a client from scratch.
To set up a billing client:
- In the main menu, select Clients.
- Drill down on the name of the client you wish to edit. Client details are displayed.
- Select Options > Edit. The Edit Client dialog is displayed.
- Open the Billing section.
- Select + Add Different Billing Details.
- In the Billing Details drop-down list, select the name of the client who you wish to make the billing client.
- Save your changes.