Duplicate client records can arise in Workflowmax when:
- a duplicate (or near duplicate) client record is created accidentally
- two companies merge.
Quotes and jobs can then be created against the duplicate, potentially causing confusion. To resolve this problem, you can merge the duplicate client with the original client.
Merging clients does not actually copy any client data. All that happens is that data records that refer to the duplicate client are changed to refer to the original client. The duplicate client is then deleted. The following types of data records will be updated during the client merge:
- Client notes
- Client documents
To merge one client with another:
- In the main menu, select Clients.
- Drill down on the name of the client you wish to delete.
- On the client information screen, open the Notes or Documents tab.
- Select Options > Merge Client.
- On the Merge Client screen, select the destination client for the merged details.
Confirmation is not required – the client will be merged and deleted immediately.